Strategic Planning is the process that connects an organization’s mission, vision, values and overarching goals with its day-to-day work. Strategic planning processes can be used on a large, organization-wide scale, or inside departments or projects.
Too often, organizations develop strategic plans because they are required by funders, and then leave them sitting on the shelf until the next time a funder asks for one. The tools below are designed to help you create an understandable and compelling strategic plan that will actually be useful in strengthening your organization and getting your work done.
Click on the links below to download a pdf of these tools.
- Building Strategic Thinking Into Your Meetings: an overview and tips
- Strategic Questions: Questions you can use to support strategic thinking, whether or not you are the meeting planner or facilitator
- Basics of a Strategic Plan: A one-page overview
- Format for a Strategic Plan: A more detailed outline
- Strategic Plan Matrix Template: A format for adding the detail and tracking progress
- Filters for Strategic Planning: A way to prioritize goals and activities
- Identifying Stakeholders: How and why to identify and learn about your stakeholders
- Identifying Stakeholders Worksheet
- Evaluating Progress: Questions for reflecting on how well you are meeting the goals in your strategic plan
Want more help?
Contact me for a free one hour consultation to explore the needs of your organization and how coaching, training or facilitation could support you in moving through your current challenges and taking the next steps you need to take.