I think of all organizational development work as facilitation and training; my role is to facilitate the process that works to get the organizational goals met, while building your capacity to do this work.
My areas of deep experience include:
- Nurturing respect and trust, accountability and empowerment
- Building commitment and capacity for intentional change
- Increasing equity and inclusion, and particularly working with white folks to learn about and heal around white supremacy so they can better recognize and deconstruct white privilege and be better anti-racist allies for BIPoC folks
- Shifting the culture from a focus on providing services to supporting people to make change
- Effective decision-making
- Meeting and process facilitation
- Leadership development
- Project management
- Board development
- Strategic planning
- Nonprofit start-up
- Working in coalitions and partnerships
In December, 2014, I completed a five day Organizational Diagnosis training taught by Sam Kaner at Community at Work. This training develops practices for promoting organizational self-awareness, and co-designing and supporting intentional change processes.
In the summer of 2015, I completed a 4 day training series on Trauma-Informed Care. While this does not make me an expert on creating trauma-informed processes and places, it does mean that I understand that framework. I can connect the work I do with goals around reducing re-traumatizing events, and being useful and respectful responders to trauma-induced behaviors. I have recently been exploring, in response to the limitations of the Trauma-Informed Care framework, the Healing Centered Engagement, Healing Justice, and Restorative Justice frameworks. These approaches, co-active coaching and organizational diagnosis are complimentary, mutually supportive frameworks, and their tools work well together.
In 2020 I took Resolutions Northwest’s three day Artful Facilitation Grounded in Racial Equity course. In 2021 I took Inclusive Life’s Embodying AntiRacism 1 and 2 (in progress) and participated in their Accelerator retreat. I am also currently doing the Adaway Group’s Whiteness at Work modules.
To schedule a free consultation to talk about what your organization needs, please contact me.